Lots of news, but this will be a short post because I am just exhausted after the past three days. Here's the breakdown:
Francis had his visa appointment on Tuesday. We didn't hear a word until Thursday, and that was that the interview went well and we could book our flights for any time after the 15th. I was not having it. By leaving on the 15th, we would be with Francis one day after his birthday. I had to get the extra day. We had so been hoping to leave the 4th.
Yesterday we got clearance from ICAB to book our tickets the 12th or later. I spent the better part of the afternoon with the travel agent working on flights. We'll be leaving here on the 12th and coming back the 26th. I will have my son in my arms for his birthday.
Today there was an earthquake about 100 miles south of where Francis is. That triggered a tsunami warning for his area, and the better part of my day was spent in prayer and terror as we waited to hear something. Thank God, there was no tsunami and he is OK.
Twelve more days to takeoff!