Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just one wish


Every year, in the weeks leading up to my birthday, my very best friend (“she who has always been more like a sister to me”) begins asking me what it is that I want that year. 

For years, I’ve really needed to dig deep to come up with something to tell her.  There’s nothing I can come up with that I need, and not a whole lot that I really want. 

There is one thing that I want, and I’ve probably mentioned it every year for the past four years at least, but I know she can’t do a darn thing about it. I want my child home!

I know that this child will come to us whenever it’s the right time.  Not my time – the right time.  This year, while the unattainable birthday dream might be a referral phone call, oh, today, my true birthday wish is this:

That my child-to-be is happy, healthy, safe, and loved, wherever s/he is, and that his or her heart might be ready and willing to accept parents who will love and cherish him or her forever.

That is what I’m wishing for today.      

5 comments:

  1. And I am wishing that your wish comes true. Soon. Love you. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray you get the call very soon. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that wish is surely already granted! God has chosen special people to care for him/her till s/he gets HOME! That's something I keep reminding myself too. Hugs from across the ocean....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And with you, I have the same dream... The phone ring very soon at your home...

    ReplyDelete