Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Before One More Moment Gets By"



Suitcases packed.  Bills paid.  Wonderful pet sitter ready to take care of Lakota and the kitties.  A list a mile long checked off and then double checked for good measure. 

A few months ago I thought I would be getting on the plane kicking and screaming because not everything got done.  Almost everything got done, and I realize now that the few things that didn’t get done just have to wait.  They’re not that important.

What is important is that in 12 hours, we’ll be getting ready to leave for the airport for a flight to the Philippines that at one point I never thought would happen.  We’ve received an outpouring of love and support through our journey, and especially through the last few months and weeks as we have waited to travel to bring Francis home.  The time has finally come, and we are so ready, and so eternally grateful for all of you who have been there for us.  Tonight as I write this, I’m also thinking about all of my blogging friends who still wait for their referrals, or who deal with painful adoption loss.  You are in my heart and my prayers.

I do plan on blogging while we’re in the Philippines, so please check in every once in a while!


Time Is love, gotta run,
Love to hang longer,
But I got someone who waits,
Waits for me and right now
[He]'s where I need to be,
Time is love, gotta run.

Gotta fly
Fly
Before one more moment
Gets by...
-“Time is Love,” Josh Turner

5 comments:

  1. I <3 you momma Jen! Now go get your boy! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy and excited! Can't wait to meet him....let's get together when you come home. Take care, have a safe trip and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a long, strange trip it's been. So glad the moment is FINALLY here! As Agnes said, now go get your boy!!!! The Mabuhay Mama's will be following you every step, cheering with you, laughing with you, and providing a shoulder if you ever need one. We love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your time has come!!!! I'm so happy that it's finally your turn to meet your precious child. You've waited so long and soon Francis will be in your arms and into your lives FOREVER!!! Take care and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete