Tuesday, October 5, 2010

19 months and a whole lot of thanks

First, I have to say that the response to my last post was absolutely overwhelming.  I want to thank everyone who replied to me – you are an absolutely remarkable group of women.  I cannot thank you enough for sharing your stories with me – and with each other – and I pray that should someone else find herself in this type of painful situation, she will see this and know that there were others who have walked in the same shoes and made it to the other side.  God knows that when we lost Pooh and Tigger I felt very alone and had no idea where to turn.  I have always known that adoptive mothers and mothers-to-be were a unique group of individuals, but this is just one more thing that shows why.
Just as a further update, as of yesterday we hit our 19th month of waiting.  Still no news.  We are another month closer, and I’m hoping that we will see our child’s beautiful face for the first time sometime in the next five months – hopefully less, and God willing, not more than that.  Besides keeping busy working, I’ve been occupying my evenings working on a trio of pillows for the little one featuring – who else?  Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore.  I’m loving the bright colors and can’t wait to see how they perk up the little one’s bedroom.  The kitties have been more than happy to help with the yarn involved in this project.  I took some pictures of their “help” and will have to post some soon. J 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to be able to share in your journey with you, even just through the Internet! Thanks for opening your heart and letting us in! Are you sewing the pillows? I bet they'll be just great. And just think...you're one month closer to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting closer and closer to your little one with every passing moment! I've been told that when you finally see their face, the whole wait fades away. I hope for both of our sakes that this is true. Keeping busy by sewing your pillows is a great way to help pass the time while you wait. Anything to help take your mind off it, is a good idea. Take care and hopefully you'll get the call before you expect it. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time you see your child is a wonderful and amazing experience!!! We fell in love at first sight...and I'm sure you will too!!!!! I can wait for you to post pics of your projects for your little munchkin!!! Made with momma's love!!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete