Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thankfulness on 10/10/10

October 10, 2010 – 10/10/10.  And when I hit “publish” on this, it will be 10:10 a.m.  Pretty amazing, no?
I wish I could take credit for this idea, but it actually came from this blog.  So for today, ten things I’m thankful for in life.  (In no particular order, by the way…)
1.    My relationship with my husband – as it’s been said, “we might not have it all together, but together, we’ve got it all.”  We’ve been to hell and back over the course of our marriage – we’ve come out with some scars, but I know we’re all the better for it.
2.    Family – without them, I would have nothing and be nothing.  They have gotten me through more crap and been there to celebrate along the way.  I love them, and I live for them.
3.    Faith – without my faith, I would never have made it through the last several years.  God moves mountains, even when it’s not when I want Him to.
4.    My furbabies – all eight of them.  My little monsters bring joy and laugher to this house.
5.    Working from home – Something I always wanted to do but didn’t have the chance until I lost my last job.  Losing that job was something I thought would be a tragedy, but turned out to be a small miracle, the result of which I am grateful for every day.
6.    I am so grateful for all of you who I have “met” through blogging and the Adopt-Philippines Yahoo Group.  An amazing group of women who just get it.
7.    God’s intervention in putting Pooh and Tigger’s new mama into my life.  She has been an amazing blessing to me.  After getting to know her and where the children will be, I see the other side of adoption much more clearly – and I am a better person for it.
8.    I am thankful for a new Church where we can feel moved and comforted by God’s presence.
9.    I am thankful that we are both working.
10. Right now I am thankful for all the little things fall brings – pumpkin and cranberry candles, butternut squash for dinner, and pumpkin coffee!

4 comments:

  1. We both have so much to be thankful for! I also love the Yahoo group and could have never made it throughout this long journey without them. The only thing you missed on your list was chocolate. I am so thankful for chocolate because life wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like being thankful, especially when times are tough, to get our hearts where they need to be. Thanks for the reminder to simply be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love!!!!!!!! you forgot pumpkin pie, pumpkin latte, pumpkin bagels, and pumpkin cheesecake!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving me your blog info! Been thinking about you. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete