Friday, June 24, 2011

Love Letter To My Child


My sweet child,

I want you to know that you are loved.  You have occupied a space in my heart for the last eight years.  Even though I don’t know your face or your name, I have loved you since the day the decision was made to bring you home.

I want you to know you are wanted.  I pray you never spent a moment asking if anyone wanted you.  We have wanted you to be a part of our family for a long, long time.  You will always be wanted by our family.

I want you to know that I pray for you constantly.  I pray the Lord blesses you and keeps you safe and happy.  I pray for your caretakers and I pray for your birthparents.  I know God holds you in His loving hands, but I plead each day He continues to do so, and that he smooths the path to our meeting.

Each night before I fall asleep, I hold a stuffed bear in my arms.  One day, after I have seen your sweet face for the first time, I will send you that bear to sleep with until I can come get you and bring you home.  I want you to know that when I hold that bear, you are the last prayer on my lips at night and the first prayer I whisper in the morning.  Thousands of miles away, I pray you feel that love.

Waiting for you but loving you always,

Your Mama

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Be sure you print out this blog to show him/her one day. It will be a treasure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this has been in your heart for many years. I'm so glad you were able to put it into words. I agree with Kelly, your little one will know but it will be nice to see how much he/she was wanted!
    Love
    Grandma to a very special child across the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, take heart! He's coming!!!! I can't wait for your baby to come home. I know that he will be treasured soooooooooo much, because you haven't met him yet, and already, you love him! I am so excited for you friend. It will happen, soon!!!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing me, Jen. That was BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete